Vehicle Details for Mark 1 Ford Fiesta YJT2 **Y
The vehicle information for this Fiesta was kindly contributed by David Matthews.
Original Vehicle Spec
|Gearbox Type||4spd Manual|
|Country of registration||Mainland UK|
|Place of registration||Bournemouth|
Purchased by the current owner in 2003/4 with 50,000 miles and original English number plates. The badge under the Ford lozenge was missing - sold on and converted to XR2 replica, purchased back in 2010 and recently fitted with RS alloys (the 5 spokes were just a bit too modern) next up a 1.1 engine being replaced with 1.3 Engine, Gearbox, Servo and other upgrades.
The car was listed for sale by owner David Matthews in 2017 with the following write up:
The FLY has to go after 6 years, the vehicle has undergone major alterations over the last 6 years including:-
- 1) Full XR2 fittings seating interior dashboard Instruments carpets etc.
- 2) RS wheels spit N Polish finished Spats Front & Rear spoilers. bumpers
- 3) Twin Fog lamps fitted to grille XR 2 headlights
- 4) Recently fitted all new reconditioned 1300 cc engine tarnsmission clutch from 1. 3 GL donor car
- 5) Uprated engine +20 full reconditioned green lead free cyl head by engine supplier in Weald Sevenoaks
- 6) Burton BSC 2 camshaft 32 Weber Electronic ignition Ashley 4 branch married to full Maniflow exhaust 80 BHP, 59 at the wheels dyno tested and tuned.
- 7) Tailor made Winter outside/inside car cover
The car also comes with all 607 parts required ( 500 are various fitting rivets etc) to make another FLY all NOS / OEM worth £2000
Below: Pictured with previous owner David Matthews on a Netherlands trip.
Below: YJT pictured alongside the Ford Fiesta Healey and Dutch AGM Fiesta Flirt on a trip to the Netherlands